More educational facilities are turning toward the Macton TDA as a creative solution for dealing with budget and space constraints. A TDA (turntable divisible auditorium) takes a conventional auditorium and places one or more of its seating areas onto turntables that are capable of rotating to different positions – those rotating seating sections can then create separate lecture halls, performance areas or other smaller rooms that can be used when the full auditorium is not needed. Replacing the traditional auditorium partitions and folding walls, the turntables have soundproof back walls that are fully integrated as part of the entire auditorium when they are in the forward-facing position. When turned, they create smaller, separate teaching, performance, training or meeting rooms. These unique, turntable mounted, soundproof walls permit simultaneous, multi use capability and the highest quality divisibility for either the teacher and his or her students, or for the performers on stage and their audience. In most instances, TDA’s can reduce both the initial construction cost as well as the ongoing operational costs of the facility in question by reducing the number of rooms needed at that facility. See the list below for a listing of some of the facilities that have chosen to go with Macton TDA’s.
Significant Cost Savings
- Upfront Construction Cost Savings – Savings typically range between 5–10% in total construction costs by eliminating duplicative auditorium and classroom space and minimizing building footprint (see attached case study that shows cost savings achieved on one typical TDA project)
- Ongoing Operational Cost Savings – Cooling, heating and maintenance expenses are immediately reduced by eliminating duplicative auditorium and classroom space that would otherwise need to be built if it were not for the TDA
- Increase the ROI of Your Auditorium – The cost savings listed above and the increased usage that auditoriums get with a TDA will dramatically increase the return on investment you get on this space
Added Classroom Space and More Flexible Facility Use
- Converting Under-Utilized Auditorium Space to Classroom Space – Most auditorium space generally goes unused (i.e., is wasted) at least 90% of the time – TDA’s convert 30-40% of this wasted space into quality, usable classroom or performance space
- Enhances Flexible Use of Facility – TDA’s let you easily adjust room sizes and still enjoy a larger auditorium for those times in which you need it (plays, graduations, assemblies, etc.)
Creates Quality Space that Gets High Usage
- Dramatically Increase Hosted Events – Actual experience with facilities having TDA’s has demonstrated that they provide a two-to-three-fold increase in the number of events hosted at those facilities since TDA’s provide a much wider range of space options
- Exceptional Sound Isolation Creates Quality Instructional or Performance Space – TDA’s are built using proven sound-isolating designs and materials that give you real classroom or performance space (as the case may be), regardless of the events going on in adjacent areas
- TDA’s Quickly Convert Back & Forth (Within 3-4 Minutes) – If you want to convert a TDA classroom back to auditorium space, it only takes 3-4 minutes to rotate back
- Community Groups Enjoy Enhanced Space – Most schools that have TDA’s find that the after-school use of this space goes up dramatically, since community groups like using this more intimate, quality space for their meetings Northmont Classroom - Clayton, Ohio Chandler High School Northmont High School Olympia High School
Reliability of TDA’s Proven in Dozens of U.S. Schools
- TDA’s Installed in Over 65 Facilities Throughout Country – TDA’s have been installed successfully for years in over 65 locations – they are designed to last for decades
- Minimal Annual Maintenance Expense Needed – Operational check and lubrication of a TDA only required once a year and can be easily performed by the facility’s existing custodial or maintenance staff
- Standard 5 Year Warranty – The equipment is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date it’s shipped from Macton’s facility. Accordingly, during such 5-year period, Macton will repair or replace any such defective parts or equipment at Macton’s cost (including covering all shipping costs). If required to trouble-shoot such equipment, Macton will provide the services of an onsite field service engineer, and if any such defects are found to exist, Macton will pay the labor and travel costs of such field service engineer. This warranty is void if the equipment is installed without supervision by a Macton representative. This warranty does not cover: (i) water damage, or damage due to chemical corrosion or from dirt or debris on or around the equipment, (ii) any damage caused by improper use or accident, or from the failure to perform the recommended periodic maintenance on the equipment, (iii) normal wear and tear, (iv) portions of the equipment repaired or modified by others without Macton’s prior written approval, or (v) any additional onsite labor, tools or equipment required for the inspection, removal and reinstallation of any parts of the equipment.
Full Support Given to Project Architects
- Size is Customizable to Meet Specific Needs of School – While some locations install one or two TDA’s in their auditorium, others might have 3 or 4, which can be of just about any size required – we will work with your architect throughout the design process and can quickly adapt the size and shape of the TDA to ensure that their architectural goals for your facility are met, while at the same time helping you meet your space and cost savings goals.
- Full Support Throughout Project – Macton provides full support throughout the entire project, including:
- assisting with the initial design of the system to be built, during which time Macton’s engineering staff interfaces with the project’s architects to provide the practical assistance and the detailed technical support needed to integrate its equipment into the overall installation
- providing foundational, electrical and control requirements, trim details and structural analysis data
- providing hard budget estimates and any other assistance the project requires
Ease of Equipment Installation – Macton provides a specially-trained field engineer or technician to supervise the installation, start-up and commissioning of its equipment, ensuring that it is brought on-line quickly and delivers the expected performance.
Customers who Purchased a Macton TDA – For a list of the more than 65 TDA installations throughout the world, click on Expanded List of Macton’s TDA Installations: