The Macton Nose Service Platform is a self-propelled roof access platform that is designed to aid in the repair and maintenance of rail transit vehicles. This lift system consists of an elevated platform capable of traveling over smooth ground or on standard 4’ 8 ½” gauge rails. The platform can be raised or lowered to facilitate maintenance to the nose of certain rail transit vehicles.
The system works on a self contained 24 VDC power system that can be recharged through any standard 120 VAC power outlet. The hydraulic power unit is activated only when there is a need. This minimizes the drain on the batteries and maximizes the available working time between charging.
With two operator stations, one on the working platform and one next to the ladder at rear left of the system, the Macton Nose Service Platform can traverse forward and backward, up and down and left and right. Two pushbuttons on the top of the joystick control the rear wheel position up or down.
There are several safety interlocks and alarms incorporated into the operation of the platform system. Two collision stop bumpers prevent the unit from colliding with the rail vehicle. The jog forward bumper is mounted on the base frame and the platform lowering bumper is mounted on the underside of the platform.
- If the jog forward bumper is activated, only REVERSE and UP/DOWN of the platform is permitted. Forward motion and left/right motion is prevented.
- If the platform lowering bumper is activated, only UP motion of the platform and REVERSE is permitted. Downward motion of the platform and forward motion and left/right motion is prevented. In addition, there is a limit switch to determine whether the pit ladder is up and in the locked position.
Typical Specifications of Macton’s Nose Lift Platform
- Lifting Capacity - 2,000 Lbs. total, 100 lbs./sq. ft.
- Working Load - 500 Lbs
- Lifting Speed - 10 in / minute
- Travel Speed - 18 ft / minute
- Min. Platform Height (low limit) - 121 in (10' 1")
- Max. Platform Height (high limit) - 142 in (11' 10")
- Max. Overall Height (high limit) - 184 in (15' 4")
- Hydraulic Operating Pressure - 1,000 psig
- Input Power - 120 VAC / ø1 / 60 HZ
- Control Power - 24 VDC
- Primer - (1) coat
- Finish Paint - (1) coat Safety Enamel Yellow
*Dimensions and capacities may be modified to meet specific application requirements.
Standard 5 Year Warranty – The equipment is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date it’s shipped from Macton’s facility. Accordingly, during such 5-year period, Macton will repair or replace any such defective parts or equipment at Macton’s cost (including covering all shipping costs). If required to trouble-shoot such equipment, Macton will provide the services of an onsite field service engineer, and if any such defects are found to exist, Macton will pay the labor and travel costs of such field service engineer. This warranty is void if the equipment is installed without supervision by a Macton representative. This warranty does not cover: (i) damage due to flooding, improper drainage or chemical corrosion, or from dirt or debris on or around the equipment, (ii) any damage caused by improper use or accident, or from the failure to perform the recommended periodic maintenance on the equipment, (iii) normal wear and tear, (iv) portions of the equipment repaired or modified by others without Macton’s prior written approval, or (v) any additional onsite labor, tools or equipment required for the inspection, removal and reinstallation of any parts of the equipment.